The coronavirus has become a concern we do not take lightly. Our goal is to continue to be an important resource for our community and take care of your pets while minimizing the chance of any disease transmission at our office. We have reviewed our infectious disease protocols and are now enacting these multiple times per day.
Stay Home If You Suspect You or a Family Member Are Sick
Please stay home if this has been recommended by your doctor. If you are experiencing any symptoms of concern: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other cold and flu-like symptoms, please contact your primary care physician immediately! If you have a previously scheduled appointment at our office and are experiencing any of these symptoms please reschedule your appointment for a time when you are well. Please know that your health and the health of our clients, staff and the greater community is our number one concern.
Appointment Scheduling At WAC
For the time being Wayland Animal clinic will prioritize appointments as follows:
- We are now prioritizing urgent/sick office visits only.
- All non-urgent visits and all new patient exams will be tentatively booked out 4-6 weeks (this includes annual exams and other well-visits or exams that are not considered urgent).
- We may be seeing some new puppies/kittens because their vaccination series shouldn’t be interrupted, but we will require that you first email us their history so we can assess how soon we need to get them in. Also, we are not able to accomodate breeder requirements that newly adopted pets be seen within in a certain number of hours/days at this time.
- Rabies Vaccines: If your pet is due for a rabies vaccine we will continue to schedule a quick booster for this vaccine in order to stay in compliance with state law.
Note: If you are unsure if your pet’s issue is urgent please call or email our office and a nurse or doctor are happy to help with that decision 508-653-1096 or [email protected]
Arriving at our Clinic and Adjusted Patient Check-in Process
We want to support the national efforts to enforce social distancing. In that spirit, we ask that you call us from your car when you arrive. Our front desk staff and technicians will assist you by phone. If you are here for a scheduled appointment, a doctor or technician will first speak with you by phone, and then someone will come to your car to bring your pet into the clinic while you wait. When the appointment is completed, we will call you again with the details of the visit and someone will return your pet to you.
Exceptions to this protocol will be made for euthanasia appointments – please call the office when you arrive and someone will escort you into an exam room with your pet.
Online Pet Food Delivery and Refill
- Pet Food: Wayland Animal Clinic offers an online pharmacy for food orders, which can be delivered to your doorstep. You can access food delivery service from this Online Pharmacy link, or on the main menu and footer of our website.
- Refills: Please contact our office if you need any prescription refills or if you need to place a special order and we can arrange a time for you to pick up when the medications are ready.
Temporary Adjusted Office Hours
We will be open from 8am-5pm M-F and from 8am-1pm on Saturdays during this time
Important COVID-19 Links