Drop Off For Surgery
Please drop your pet off between 8:00 and 8:30 on the morning of surgery.
No food after 10pm the night before. Fresh water should be available until 8am the morning of surgery. No treats!
Please take away food and water early in the morning of your scheduled surgery. Please bring a container of your pet’s regular food that we can use to feed your pet after the procedure.
Pets On Medications
If your pet is on medications, please contact our front desk staff for specific instructions.
For safety, please bring your pet in a closed carrier or leash as appropriate.
Plan for the admission process to take about 15-20 minutes. During the admission process, your technician will:
- Take a recent history of your pet and collect some admission information
- Review your estimate and consent
- Ask that you leave at least one phone number that you can be reached at any time during the day for questions or emergencies
- Let you know what to expect throughout the day
- Your technician will contact you with an update on your pet and an expected pick-up time
- All post-surgical home care instructions will be provided at discharge by your technician
- Depending on your pet’s procedure, a follow up appointment will be scheduled as needed